Render falling away - is wall sound?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, hope everyone is well. I'm looking to buy a property that looks like it needs a bit of work done and not sure how serious it is. See attached pic.

Its a basement flat of a Georgian terrace and in the light well bit facing the main road, there is a large gap in one of the walls supporting the stairs leading to the raised ground floor flat adjacent to mine. This gap is all the way across the bottom of that wall approx 80 X 35cm where all the plaster looks like it has crumbled and there are thick slices of plaster on the floor. Doesn't appear to be an actual wall or broke or stone behind the hole so looks like it's just the plaster or render that has crumbled.. Also a couple of long cracks running up the wall. Not sure if this is structural or how easy it is to repair. Really grateful for your thoughts. Thanks.James

Sponsored Links
I’m not an expert but I’d personally have a surveyor tell me after inspecting or atleast remove some of the render myself to inspect the actual wall under it

You have to ask the question if that is your wall as it carries the access stairs into the above property.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back