Rendering..How much

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I live in a 1930's semi.
The external walls are rendered.
There are some cracks in the render and parts are lifting and causing some penetrating damp issues.
Approximately how much would you say it would cost to have render replaced.
Any help appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Ok so it's a bit of an open question!!!!

Approx £££ per sq metre or £££ per day???

A bit of an open question? Maybe - who knows. What I can tell you though is that you need to have a little patience.

Your original post was only an hour and fifteen miutes before you followed it up and most of the guys who will be in a position to answer your question will be out on jobs throughout the day and may not see your message until later.

Not having a go mate, just a friendly word to let you know that people here are friendly and helpful but they do work and do have lives to lead too so responses may not be as instant as you'd like.

Sponsored Links
Fair point Fred, apologies! :oops:
Just getting agitated as i've just spent the last 3 months gutting and renovating my lounge/dining room only to have my wife just ring me at work to tell me we have big brown stains coming through the wall above the window.... GREAT... £3k, are you serious?

WOW! :eek:
Is that for a 'standard' job or using expensive materials?
Don't mean to be at all funny but how does that break down into materials/labour?

scaffolding, £600.

labour for a 2&1 gang for 4 days, £1800.

1.5 tonne plastering sand, bell beads, corner beads, hydrated lime, plasticiser, waterproofer, sponges, masking etc, £250.

skip, £100.

mixer hire, hilti hire, transformer and leads, £80

plus a bit of profit ;)

Have to disagree with Noseall.

I re rendered my house last year (smooth not dashed) and it took 2 tonne's of sand.

So i would say £3025

always better to have a little too much sand than not enough :)

Staggered at the prices quoted, my 1920's semi needed fully re-rendering and I only managed to get one quote of under 10K. That was for a terylene finish not the fancy colour through stuff that I really wanted. :eek:

Boxerman said:
Staggered at the prices quoted, my 1920's semi needed fully re-rendering and I only managed to get one quote of under 10K. That was for a terylene finish not the fancy colour through stuff that I really wanted. :eek:
I had a nice coloured terylene shirt in the 70`s :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back