rendering on plywood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey i've just built a garage in my garden and i've boarded it with plywood. im thinking of rendering it can any tell me the best ways of doin it and the process thanks

Sponsored Links
You just need to paper and wire it, scratch and render it.

Make sure the wood is BONE dry before you use sand and cement, as if its wet and dries out underneath the render, even with wire on it, it could crack.

can u use a fibre glass mesh. found some in the work theyve been using it 4 facade rendering

Make sure the wood is BONE dry before you use sand and cement, as if its wet and dries out underneath the render, even with wire on it, it could crack.

ditto

Sponsored Links

ditto

cover it in rendalath

Either, although the cost would lead me away from rendalath.
maybe so but i think it would be best for the job

Wood lath would be best for the job.

As you can see there are many ways to do it. i would paper wire and render it, other people reccomend other ways, so its up to you!

As you can see there are many ways to do it. i would paper wire and render it, other people reccomend other ways, so its up to you!
isnt this the same as rendalath? Double paper backing with square lathing.
As you say there is more than one way to do the job but for a little extra i would rwther rlath it, make sure you overlap the sheets by at least 100mm and hammer lots of nails in and use corner/angle beads on all your corners. This will stop any cracking and will provide a suitable backing for coating on

I just call it paper and wire, if i said to the guy who taught me render lath etc...he would look at me as if i was a knob. if i said paper and wire he'd understand.....

I just call it paper and wire, if i said to the guy who taught me render lath etc...he would look at me as if i was a knob. if i said paper and wire he'd understand.....
lol, it says rendalath in the sheets though, sometimes known as k-lath

when he comes and does big jobs with me, he still orders me around and tells me to go and get another bag of carlite....or sometimes calls it thistle

As you say there is more than one way to do the job but for a little extra i would rwther rlath it, make sure you overlap the sheets by at least 100mm and hammer lots of nails in and use corner/angle beads on all your corners. This will stop any cracking and will provide a suitable backing for coating on

Not really, big difference in price for a start :0)

Not really, big difference in price for a start :0)

No problem cowboy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back