Renovating parquet floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if someone can tell me what to do next with our parquet floor. We bought an old house and the parquet was filthy, now we have sanded it and I don't know exactly what to do next. I keep buying different products to put on it but I'm scared I'll mess it up and daren't take the plunge so it has rugs on it and remains untreated! I prefer a wax finish rather than a shiny finish, can anyone recommend a product and a method. Thanks in anticipation.

View media item 13950

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much for the link. Just checked in my garage and I have a large tin of Osmo Polyx oil. I'm guessing this would be okay to use? I cannot get access to a buffing machine, I tried hire shops and they don't hire them out. Will it take a lot of work without a buffer? Someone suggested a window washing squeegee to lay it on. Does that sound sensible? Any thoughts much appreciated. I really want to get this done now.

Sponsored Links
Apply the Osmo very thinly (with a sponge or roller, a brush will apply too much very often) on a small area. Then rub it out with a non-fluffy cloth if you can't find a buffing machine.
A bit more work, but doable specially in a small hallway like yours

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back