Repairing a downpipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had to temporarily remove my downpipe the other day so I cut it in half with a hacksaw. I now want to put the pipe back and expected to be able to buy a joint that would sit in between the two halves. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find anything suitable. There's a downpipe connector but it only has a socket on one end. I was expecting to find something similar but with a socket on both ends.

Any ideas or is it better to buy a new downpipe and cut it to size?

Sponsored Links
You can buy a down pipe socket or connector that will do the job.

It has both male and female ends that accept a pipe either end but is obviously fitted so that the female end is at the top.
2525184.jpg

You can buy a down pipe socket or connector that will do the job.

It has both male and female ends that accept a pipe either end but is obviously fitted so that the female end is at the top.
Thanks - I'll get one of those. I did try one out at the store and tried fitting one connector to another. Of course, now it's obvious that the male end of the connector isn't going to be the same diameter as the pipe section :oops:

I think I must have been out in the sun too long yesterday :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back