Repairing caulk around door frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am in the process of preparing a bathroom for painting, am doing the gloss work first (today hopefully!) and the walls tomorrow.

How do I repair the cracked caulk around the door frame etc? Is it just a case of sanding it down, or does it need to be scraped out and replaced? See photos...

71CC0CE2-2E49-450C-8005-B4DE1EC9DF17.jpeg 8D4AAF22-19C0-42D8-82EE-0C56BC885DAB.jpeg

Cheers

Sponsored Links
It is one of those 5 minute jobs that can take a couple of hours.

Although the caulk at the top of the architrave looks rather messy,you can give it a light sand and apply another bead of caulk.

I often see worse versions of those kind of cracks in houses where the walls were re-plastered but the decorator could not be bothered to sand the plaster off the architrave and simply ran caulk over it.

Sponsored Links

When I become ruler of the universe, the first people up against the wall will be those that use powdered based fillers on woodwork and those that can't be bothered to remove accidental sploshes.

Ok, maybe not the first up against the wall, but they won't be far down the list.

Kindest regards, Uncle Joe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back