Repairing Party Wall in Loft?.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is bricking this hole up my only option or could I use something a bit easier to cut to shape?.

I suppose main concern is it should be a fire break to next door but also I'm in the middle of evicting some long tailed visitors from the loft as well.

Where the wall goes up is directly under the sarking so I don't want to damage that (maybe stick some heavy duty material to it first?)

Other side needs doing as well but not as bad as this.

Was thinking of fitting another rafter to have something to brick up to?.

20220412_215926.jpg 20220412_215947.jpg

Sponsored Links
Use cement board or pink plasterboard and fill any gaps with fire rated foam, will also help to keep rats out or in? you may find it easier to use cardboard as a template and cut board outside.

Diagonal batten screwed to brickwork running just below the purlin should get good purchase without your drilling loosing any bricks. Couple of layers of plasterboard with staggered joints.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back