Replace a Towerstat RS thermostat with a Salus 310RF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, first post, so I hope I have the correct forum

I am planning to replace my Towerstat RS thermostat which is in a bad location in my hallway with a Salus 310RF. This is in order to allow us to have the thermostat in the living room rather than the hallway.

The Towerstat uses two only wires which are pins 1 and 3. From what I gather these are 1 - Live and 3 Switched Live.

On the Salus receiver there is:

L Live connection
N Neutral connection
COM Input
NO Switched output

I'm assuming L would connect to the old Live on the Towerstat, but I'm not sure which pin the switched live would connect to? Does anyone know? My best guess would be the NO pin, but I'd want to be sure.

Will this thermostat work fine with just those two wires?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The existing thermostat wires are the equivalent of the Com and NO connections on the new one.
The new receiver also requires a permanent power supply on L&N.

Will this thermostat work fine with just those two wires?
No.

However the Salus receiver is NOT installed where the old thermostat is located - it is designed to be installed next to the boiler or wiring centre (depending on the type of system you have), where all of the required connections will already exist.
The existing thermostat and wiring is removed as it is not needed.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I thought this was just a simple way of replacing a wired thermostat with a wireless one. I could get a salus 510rf which would then replace my existing horstmann c17 timer and the wired thermostat. All the wires required should be at the existing timer I assume and the reciever could be installed there

Sponsored Links
The Salus 510RF is just a wireless programmable room thermostat and on its own is suitable for a combi boiler, for a system boiler you would need you existing programmer for HW time control.

Update: I see your existing control is single channel so the Salus 510RF should be ok on its own .

Great, thank you for all your help, I think you saved me making a bit of a mistake on this one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back