Replace bathroom floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a bathroom I need to renovate. I had the pipework redone when the ceiling below was down but now I need to address th floor. It is currently very butchered original floorboards, with large holes where they have been removed and cut.

I can take out all the bathroom bits (bath, toilet etc) so have access to the whole floor. I am thinking of removing all the existing floorboards and replacing it with 20mm water resistant ply. Is this a suitable flooring? As we most things DIY, my experience in this area is very limited! Anything I should be careful with, other than ensuring joins lie along the joists? Should I deal the underside of the ply too?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Are you tiling on top? are you installing a new bathroom? Leave the floor boards in place and board over with an insulated tile backer board.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back