REplace combicare scale inhibitor cartridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

how do you replace this beast? is it a simple swap? do I need to do anything complex like bleed pipes etc? thanks.
20191102_113710[1].jpg
pic attached

Sponsored Links
Sam

Looking at your photo and image of a new one:
1) Switch off water at Stop Cock
2) Open cold tap to drop water pressure.
3) Put bucket under it.
4) undo the small screw that locks the cartridge into place
5) Twist it 90deg (I think clockwise when looking from above as it looks as if there is a yellow plastic knob to stop it going anti clockwise.
6) Drop it down about 3cm.

Issue you have is that that wood is in the way stopping it from dropping.

https://www.cityplumbing.co.uk/BWT-...=3db898719eca01422e348901ab17137f&fo_s=gplauk

Screenshot 2019-11-11 at 16.26.07.png

Screenshot 2019-11-11 at 16.32.11.png

Lots more answers and help here on the Amazon Q&A:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BWT-AC002400-Combi-Replacement-Cartridges/dp/B00GY2VTIU
Please check that firstly you have undone the small screw that locks the cartridge into place, you should then be able to unscrew the cartridge and pull it off. If the cartridge is still stuck then you can use x2 flat head screwdrivers to gently prise it off. Occasionally the cartridge media can clog in the spigot making it harder to remove, where this happens you may want to remove the metal elbow from the fitting, place this in hot water which will dissolve any residue enabling easy fitment of the next cartridge. If you would like any further advice please call our customer services team on 01494 838100, thank you! see less
By BWT UK Marketing MANUFACTURER on 12 December 2018

SFK

Last edited:
Many thanks, is the small screw easily accessible?? I can't see it.

Sam,
Note that I have never see this item - I am simply looking at your picture and the instructions on Amazon.
But I presume the screw is the item in middle of the following image.
Screenshot 2019-11-11 at 17.35.29.png

Sponsored Links
Hi, tried to look at the cartridge ,think it has exploded, when I literally tiuched it, it made a noise and loads of water came spewing from a nearby pipe. I tightened up the pipe, cartridge fell away, I have someone coming tomorrow am! Oops

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back