Replace consumer unit (flat with econ 7) - advise on models?

Gambling Steve, I take it you will be fitting RCDs at the new consumer units.

Have you thought about if you are fitting RCBOs, dual RCD board, or high integrity board?

Sponsored Links
Blimey - we've now got two people acting like stupid children.

EDIT:

3 now.

God, you really are sad, pathetic little losers aren't you, and too scared and too stupid to be able to have a proper discussion. You should dribble back to the rest of the site morons on the GD forum.

why exactly does it prevent the installation of built-ins..?
I'd have thought that with a little planning it would be ideal to hide it in one of the built-ins..
get us a wider shot of that entire wall and provide dimensions and I'm sure someone can design a wardrobe setup to fit it..

you'd probably be better off taking that £900 and getting a bedroom fitting company to design and install the wardrobes...

failing that, the wall it's on looks like it's hollow ( from the SWA picture anyway..) so it's entirely possible to flush that into the wall for a more slimline look..

what exactly does your Eco-7 work off? can't see any timers there.. is it a seperate core in the SWA?

Sponsored Links
Don't quite know what you're getting at? The chamber below the board is where the cable enters the consumer unit. This will be just poked through the wall to the other side then the holes plastered.

Just poke a live cable, 230 volts with at least a 60Amp fuse. Short that cable out as you "just poke" it through the wall and it makes a very big bang.

Thanks bernardgreen, I'll let the electrician know just in case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back