Replace drayton t742r and wireless scr to hive multi channel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

I know there's a few posts on here regarding my current issues however I cannot find a resolution for the life of me. Trying to swap out a Drayton T742r and wireless scr didgistat that were smashed during some renovations.

I have removed the loose wiring that originally connected the wireless scr to the programmer. Amd can't seem to get all 3 ( ch up, ch down, HW) to work correctly on the hive. Following the multi channel wiring guid by hive but having some issues. Mainly ch on but stays on

Any advice TIA

Some pics of the current state of affairs

Sponsored Links
Can't see any pictures, but the Drayton T742R is a multi channel programmer.

Capture.JPG

As you are using 3 channels you will need two Hive receivers to replace it. After removing the T742R:

Both Hive receivers will need a 230V supply connecting to N and L

The wiring from one heating channel 'on' (eg. ch down) and the hot water channel 'on' will go to a Dual Channel Hive Receiver. Terminal 3 is for hot water 'on' and terminal 4 is central heating 'on'

dual.JPG

The wiring from the second heating channel 'on' (eg. ch up) will go a Single Channel Hive Receiver. Using terminal 3 heating on. You will also need a link between the Hive L and COMMON terminals

single.JPG

The old SCR thermostat receiver should be disconnected, however this will leave the wiring open circuit so a wiring mod is required to link the thermostat live and switched live wires together to complete the circuit. This process will also be repeated for the second thermostat.

Last edited:
Hi, sorry for some reason my pictures didn't upload. However I followed your advice amd now have everything working smoothly.

Really appreciate it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back