Replace Flush Door Contact & Updating Texecom

To check contact
Set multimeter to ohms
Remove contact wires from control panel pcb.
Put multimeter onto wires ,with door closed you should get 2.2k reading .
With door open you should get 6.8k reading.
You can also do this from engineer utilities, view zone status.
This will show if door is open or closed.
Of course when I go to use the multimeter (it's normally used twice a year) I've left it in the on position and the battery is flat. And of course I don't have any spare or rechargeable 9Vs in the house.

Brilliant.

I have checked in Engineer Utils and it does show as Active though

Sponsored Links
You need to read up on alarm maintenance or go on a course and learn how it works, this isn't cheap but you can find information online for free.

easy to tell you what to do but doing and not understanding only causes serious issues if things go wrong.

Completely agree! (That's why I asked for things I could research rather than telling me what to do)

I come across the same hazards in IT Support! Can easily break things if they're done without understanding.

But thanks - I'll see what's out there.

It stays the same - 6.850k

However front door closed is - 2.18k and open - 6.850k

Sponsored Links
Sorry I should've said, back door is the issue (the first reading)

The front door I've only done for comparison!

As per other message if you’re struggling to get a contact I’ve got a couple of elmdene concealed contacts you can have one if you pay the postage …

best offer of the day above.

The values tell me that the unit on the back door isn't working properly rather than a broken cable.

this could be because the magnet in the door is no longer in alignment with the contact, or the reed is sticking open.

for that you can take magnet out of door and take it the the sensor and see if it registers a close and shows 2k2 closed, whats the outcome?

Would also check little screw that makes contact with micro switch is aligned correctly on outer casing of contact.

best offer of the day above.

The values tell me that the unit on the back door isn't working properly rather than a broken cable.

this could be because the magnet in the door is no longer in alignment with the contact, or the reed is sticking open.

for that you can take magnet out of door and take it the the sensor and see if it registers a close and shows 2k2 closed, whats the outcome?
So I tried this initially (although didn't check resistance) but it didn't register as closed. The app still showed the contact as red

However sparkymarka sent me a couple of contacts

So the new sensor worked with the old magnet (and of course new sensor worked with a new magnet)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back