Replace halogen outside light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have 500w + 150w PIR halogen floodlights on the front of my house to light the front garden and driveway. I'm looking to save energy and reduce the powerful glare.

Already decided on x2 9w lanterns switched via photocell + timer, but I still need some backup lighting for security really.

Found this http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TL3500A.html and wondered if anyone has fitted one before. My only concern being CFL's take too long to warm up, and I only need the light for 40s maxium. Would one 150w PIR halogen still be the safer choice?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
hmm I saw that light when I was looking. Only problem I have with LED's is the light is very focused and I need it to spread out.

Tried GU10 LEDs bulbs before and I was disappointed.

Sponsored Links
Get in touch with the maker - they may have a data sheet showing the beam pattern.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back