Replace Hive for Nest issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I followed another thread on taking out a hive system and replacing with Nest but can’t get it to work. The system runs the heating fine but not hot water.

See photos for setup and wiring. I’m going wrong somewhere and not sure if it’s my wiring or how I setup the system on the Nest device.
E05C9878-BA0C-4C31-86D8-D5668FFE3506.jpeg 84B95FD1-8DD8-45BA-B44A-4A006DD7AFAD.jpeg 6DA10ABA-6740-4ABF-907A-BBD73553C972.jpeg 89DC65E2-C044-4D18-A1F0-FEA8F0CBD77F.jpeg

Really not sure what to try. It’s a rental house so it’s a lot to go back and scratch my head every time. Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Well you seem to have wires connected to the right terminals. It's a bit obvious, but the Heatlink terminals are a bit fiddly and I have come across a couple of installations where the wires aren't connected to the terminals properly, either they are loose, or clamped on the insulation instead of the conductor. The wires to check are in terminal 6, and the link between 5 and 2.

If all is well there, what happens if you turn on the Hot Water manually using the big button on the Heatlink so that the hot water icon on the Heatlink shows green? Does the hot water come on then? If it does that will show that the wiring is OK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back