Replace Kitchen Coal Boiler and install new Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, just buying a 3 Bed-Semi, and its needs updating owned by same family since 1930's build. It has an old coal boiler (lit with a poker?) and 5 electric storage radiators, and 3 gas fires (old rectangle things)... Can any one tell me what a reasonable cost to remove my eclectic heating system would be and replace with a normal 3 Bed-semi Valiant Eco central heating system 5 rads.

Thanks... I know nothing about plumbing what-so-ever... and am happy to be educated

Sponsored Links
Hard question really to answer, get 3 estimates from Corgi registered fitters.

Someone you or friend/family have used or contact Corgi or The institute of plumbing for recomended people in your area.

Removing an electric storage system qualifies for a £300 grant.

A switched on installer will tell you about that!

A full wet heating system usually costs between £2500 and £6000.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Have to correct you on that one Tony.

Since April 1st 2008 CERT Fuel switching funding is £500 for full electric to gas and £550 from coal to gas, if occupants are 70 or over this increases to £1300 & £1500 respectively.

I would quote very approx £3400-£3600 + VAT for the system you describe, assuming it appeared straight forward on a site survey.

Thanks Dave, thats useful for installers to know!

As a boiler repairer its not likely to affect anything I do though.

Tony

I really do not want to appear as the "village idiot" here, but when you refer to qualifying for a grant...

I am not over 70, just a spring chicken in his late 40's...

How would I go about applying (local council I suppose) and under what entitlement/grant title would "Removing an electric storage system" come under...

Thanks agian

The grant is obtained by your installer, in my case via the A1 scheme via Plumb Center.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back