Replace light bulb to Honda CRV 07 MK3 with more brighter ones.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

With the winter coming and just few hours of daylight the issue with poor light visibility on my car come back.

I would like to replace the old bulb with something much more powerful as the visibility is very limited compared with some new car which they seems to illuminate lot better.

Does anyone know what kind and model of bulb I could buy and if it would be simple to install it?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Osram nightbreakers are a pretty good upgrade and a straight swap if yours are standard halogen lamps.
Are the headlamps pretty clean with no discoloured glass/plastic?

The lamp are a bit discoloured. Is there any product to clean those too?

I fitted some nightbreakers to my old Astra, made a reasonable improvement, the lenses were heavily discoloured but on the inside, eventually I replaced them with some cheap NOS from eBay.

Sponsored Links
Is there anything more powerful then the osram, like LED. Would those fit?

Lots of aftermarket lamps available but some are not strictly legal.
I put a hid conversion kit in a Vw some years ago, passed mot ok and made a huge difference but only possible as it had projector style headlights.

Those will be illegal, I'm afraid. All they will do is dazzle other road users. The reflector on your light, is designed to collect and focus rays from a filament of an incandescent bulb, located at a particular point within the lamp. If you move the light source, the beam will just scatter everywhere - which is fine for the guy behind the steering wheel, but not so good for anyone else on the roads!

The "fogging" on those gets quite bad on the outside of the polycarbonate lens. You can get a kit for £12 or something which has abrasives and a thing you can put in a cordless, to take rthe surface off and polish them up. I have an old Honda - just because it's not worth seling now. I "did" the light a couple of years ago and one of them has gone foggy again, and boy you can see the difference, when you come up behind a white transit etc.
There are thousands of micro-cracks in the lens, so you just get a blob of light. The kit is worth having, it would take forever without a machine.
I found the brighter bulbs don't last long - not worth it.
1675424805782.png

Sponsored Links
Back