Replace Marley kitchen sink waste trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to replace the waste trap beneath my kitchen sink. The old, broken one is labelled :

Marley Extrusions 11/2 / 40 PP BS3943

I cannot find this brand anywhere.

I showed the old trap to the local plumbing merchants and they sold me a McAlpine trap, saying it should definitely fit. It fits to the sink outlet, but does not fit to the outgoing pipe. The plumbing merchants don't understand why it won't fit.

Can anyone help at all?

Sponsored Links
If I remember right the old Marley Push Fit Pipe is slightly smaller than the Solvent Weld and not compatible,

You may need to replace waste pipe or get a universal screw connector and a length of standard waste to fit to the trap.

A picture showing the Waste Trap connection and the pipe will help .

Thanks for that. I have uploaded a photo here.

Attachments

• DSC_0046.JPG
    DSC_0046.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 395
Is the fitting on the pipe the original Marley fitting or the new McAlpine fitting,
If its the Marley pull it off and try and fit the pipe to the McAlpine Trap

You may be lucky.

Sponsored Links
Yup, pull off that old push fit > compression connector that's from the old trap from the end of that pipe and then fit the new trap.

Last edited:
Cheers guys.

I have had some success now. I pulled off the old push fit, and one of the new traps I bought does fit the outlet. Unfortunately that one doesn't fit the sink outlet. But I am hoping it will simply be a case of swapping it for one with a larger inlet section.

Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back