Replace PRV...

Unfortunately, that's only renewing half of the contaminated valve seat/seal assembly - a quick fix that may not work.

out of the hundreds of these i must have changed ive never had a problem. you do clean the brass seat don't you? :rolleyes:

gasguru said:
I suggest you replace the complete PRV.....unless you are familiar with the valve construction and removal technique it is very easy to to screw up the pressure calibration since the factory adjustment is not threadlocked.

i will admit however for a novice that could happen.

Sponsored Links
Another problem :rolleyes: which quite often occurs is to be given a 'generic' prv by parts suppliers which are not a direct swop manufacturer's replacement and minus sealing washer. - bicycle accessories are also useful :eek:

Yeah I have the whole PRV to replace. Also will check the pressure vessel and make sure the car tyre valve aint leaking water..

Another problem :rolleyes: which quite often occurs is to be given a 'generic' prv by parts suppliers which are not a direct swop manufacturer's replacement and minus sealing washer. - bicycle accessories are also useful :eek:

which specific boiler and which specific prv's or "generic" prv's are we talking about here? which "sealing washer" are we talking about?

as most reasonably good boiler manufacturers use caleffi prv's im not sure which "generic" prv's are available as an almost but not quite replacement for them. please enlighten me.

most of the caleffi range can mix and match the plastic bit so that you dont have to carry the full range just for the brass bits, in fact i prefer to use the alpha style ones on vokeras as i dont like the ones with the black tag hanging off them as you cant set them open.

Sponsored Links
The Ace one is one of the easiest to change, so change the whole thing.
Stuff about the pressure vessel is in the FAQ.
No you don't have to be COrgi regd to do this sort of thing. It is only work on anything to do with the gas that that would apply to. We've been over this one dahn at the ACS centre, but I couldn't put my finger on the words just now. I believe it's buried in GSIUR.

Hmm bit stumped now. Changed the PRV and charged the EV too but the pressure still keeps on rising over 2 bar when the heating is on.
The EV seems like its intact, well didn't **** out any water from the valve...

Any ideas?

when you charged the vessel was the prv open or not (it should be) the other, most likely, causes of excessive pressure rise is a blocked pipe to vessel, or too small a vessel for the system.

Yeah made sure the PRV was open so wasn't giving a false reading when i pumped it up...

Its always been fine and the vessel has coped with the amount of radiators it had before so not sure why all of a sudden its doing this, would a blocked pipe to vessel be cleanable by myself?

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back