Replace tap cartridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
How does this cartridge remove please, no apparent fixing. Do I simply prise it out or does it unscrew?
Please see photo
Thanks
9FE1B6C0-13B8-4D37-8198-B26C00F49B3D.jpeg

Attachments

• E3539D7C-7677-46E4-B831-5A14B3E837E1.jpeg
    E3539D7C-7677-46E4-B831-5A14B3E837E1.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 15
Sponsored Links
Remove the white plastic splined part (may have a screw in the centre) and the red plastic part. Should reveal a hexagonal brass nut which forms part of the cartridge. Unscrew anti-clockwise looking end on.

I'd mark the relative positions of the white plastic, red plastic and brass parts before removing, as these are probably used to set the standard operating temperature. Not essential, but can save a certain amount of faff when re-assembling.

The white plastic part is not secured by a screw. It has a threaded hole in the centre for the fixing screw. How does the red part detach, do I prise it and pull or should it unscrew? Thanks

I'd expect the rad plastic part to slide off the splined body of the tap. Could be stiff, so maybe limescale remover first.

Sponsored Links
Thanks -so do I turn it, pull it, prise it? I don't want to damage it . Doesn't appear to be any "flats" to get a wrench on.

No luck ,can’t seem to shift it. Plumbers merchant says he’s never seen one!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back