Replace timer with Hive, only 3 wires

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Page 36 fig 21, make sure you havent inadvertently adjusted the mode selection swich when working on the boiler it should be set to "Normal "

Mode switch is at Normal.
Pressure seems slightly higher than this morning and its working again!
No idea what's changed in the last few hours!

Attachments

• 20230314_123734.jpg
    20230314_123734.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 37
The pressure was a bit low this morning, set it to about 1.5 Bar when the sytem is cold, it will go slightly higher when the system heats up , that is normal

Sponsored Links
post a pic of the pipe arrangement under the boiler so we can see which set up you have , the red dial is simply a moveable indicator, it is just a bit of plastic, it doesnt actually do anything

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
post a pic of the pipe arrangement under the boiler so we can see which set up you have , the red dial is simply a moveable indicator, it is just a bit of plastic, it doesnt actually do anything
20230314_212933.jpg

Filling loop key and that wiring on the left is a bit dangerous

Filling loop key and that wiring on the left is a bit dangerous
OK I'll tidy up the wiring. Is adjusting the pressure something I can do? The manual makes it's sound a little complicated...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230315_091914_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230315_091914_Drive.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 26
The manual makes it's sound a little complicated...
Yes, fairly easy. If you have the key insert into the hole, next to the white square knob, and lock into place, 1/4 turn iirc, slowly open white knob and watch pressure rise and take to approx 1 bar and close white knob and remove key - be prepared for a small couple of drips once removed.

Last edited:
I've no key, but found it on amazon so I'll have one soon!
Just to confirm, turn key to unlock, turn hexagonal knob (not the square one) to increase pressure then turn key back to lock position?
20230315_122152.jpg

Attachments

• 20230315_122152.jpg
    20230315_122152.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 21
turn hexagonal knob (not the square one) to increase pressure
No the hexagonal one is a drain you turn the square one, there is a fitting with a brass blanking cap on the furthest right hand pipe, can you post a pic of that side on, looks like it might be an isolation valve , you might have an external filling loop also

Last edited:
No the hexagonal one is a drain you turn the square one, there is a fitting with a brass blanking cap on the furthest right hand pipe, can you post a pic of that side on, looks like it might be an isolation valve , you might have an external filling loop also
20230315_172452.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back