Replaceing an felt roof with an tiles roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,Could do with some info,
My front porch roof at mo is an flat felt roof but its due for an refelt soon,my brother as some spare tiles which would cover the area i have.
The roof is 4m wide and from back to front is 750mm what i need to know is what wood to use as my frame.also its 750mm deep so how high would i have to put my banton on the wall for the top of the pitch..
Thanks Rick

Sponsored Links
you might be in trouble with the local planning office of the council :eek: .there is a height limit to porch roof . Best check with them and see if you can get a pitch on there :idea: . It`s all too easy for nosey neighbours to see , is a front porch ;)

Thanks for the reply.There are afew round here with the same ideas,in fact there are some with even bigger pitch roofs than mine would be.I guess the council should be an go on this,aswell to have same sort of tiles to match the main roof,,but i will check it out,also would makein the frame out of 3x2 wood be ok etc for rafters etc..Thanks Rick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back