Replaceing manual thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have an old thermostat a Drayton 533 & I want to replace it with a new digital one. so could someone point me in the right direction on how to fit the new unit.

On the mechanical thermostat I have 3 wires connect to the unit.

The blue wire connects to the connector labeled N, which i assume is neutral.

then I have a red wire which connects to the connector labeled L, which i assume is live.

Then i have a yellow cable which connects to the connector labeled Heating load.

on the Digital thermostat I have 3 connectors.

LX = Common
L1 = Live feed to the item to be controlled.
L2 = Changeover contact

So which wire connects to which?

Thanks in advance

Glyn

PS. I have a combi boiler if that has any relevance

Sponsored Links
presume digital stat has batteries to power it. red to LX. yellow toL1.
make blue electrically safe not required, turn off juice :eek:

wow thanks for the fast reply, yes the unit does have a battery to power it, just a quick question so why dont i need to use the blue wire? on the new thermostat?

Thanks

Glyn

blue wire [neutral] is required on most room stats [except gas bellows type] to power an anticipator. not required on battery powered digi stat as batts supply power to timer/sensor. digi stat is a batt operated switch that provides on/off signal to boiler ch terminals.[remember 230v at LX L1] :D

Sponsored Links
wow thanks again paulybaby, followed your instructions all worked well.

a big thanks to you m8 :)

cheers

Glyn.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back