Replacement charger for a Power Devil drill?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 24v Power Devil cordless drill and the charger has given up the ghost (its a model JDA-240KB). Does anyone know if there is somwhere I can buy a suitable replacement? Have tried searching in Google and EBay to no avail. :(

Sponsored Links
power devil was based in either wolverhampton or walsall as far as i can remember certainly west midlands

buy sa new one and then have a spare :LOL:

the cost of some drills is silly, hence above coment,

breezer said:
buy sa new one and then have a spare :LOL:

the cost of some drills is silly, hence above coment,
Point taken, it would probably cost more trying to find a supplier and then buy a spare charger than buying a new drill. Just seems a pity as the drill itself is fine.

kevindgas - when I click on Power Devils web address in Google it comes up as a corporate Bush Electronics one (they obviously own PD) and there is absolutely no info at all about DIY equipment.

Sponsored Links
yes it is a shame and a waste, but there is nothing else you can do :cry:

have you had the case off the charger, one of my chargers had a small fuse inside
that used to blow

marshman said:
have you had the case off the charger, one of my chargers had a small fuse inside
that used to blow
Thanks for the tip, no I havn't. I replaced the fuse in the plug but that didn't help. I'll take a look at the charger unit itself tomorrow.

I have a 24v Power Devil cordless drill and the charger has given up the ghost (its a model JDA-240KB). Does anyone know if there is somwhere I can buy a suitable replacement? Have tried searching in Google and EBay to no avail. :(
I have a Power Devil 24v charger and 2 batteries, hardly used. I bought it on ebay recently and the drill casing is badly broken. I would be happy to buy the drill from you.

The OP made that post in 2007 - or 15 years ago - and hasn't been back since 2007. I don't know about you, but in 15 years I've changed tools a few times!

The OP made that post in 2007 - or 15 years ago - and hasn't been back since 2007. I don't know about you, but in 15 years I've changed tools a few times!
this made me laugh because-------------------------i got my first buzzy toy the bosch gop 10.8 v and many tools since
i have been going through the batteries trying to work out how much capacity they still have and off all the batteries i still have all off them and the oldest is 2007 and still going strong
and the battery i have just checked and in front off me is no2 2007

Last edited:
i still have all off them and the oldest is 2007 and still going strong
Lucky you! My oldest daily use batteries are about 7 years old, most are 5 years old or less (the tools outlast the batteries in my experience, although I'm on my fourth impact driver, third combi drill, second jigsaw and SDS drill, etc but only my first planer). I do have a 24 year old Elu 12 volt cordless kit (1998, ex-BT) which still has one working 2Ah NiMH battery, but it doesn't hold a full charge any more, however I do think that is a bit of an exception. In any case, do you think the OP has held onto a non-working tool for a decade and a half on the off chance of finding a replacement charger? I suppose stranger things have happened

Last edited by a moderator:
no no off course not it will be long gone but i get simple pleasure from simple things so there for i must be a simple person :unsure:

That why I still have one or two 'antiques'. "Purely in the interests of research" you understand
:unsure: ;) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple of ancient clamp meters for measuring volts and/or amps.
They must be at least 50 years old and still worked about 10 years ago when I was still in armature winding. Boss was having a clear out and told me to throw them in the skip. Asked if I could have them and he said help yourself.
Think I should find the time, (and a suitable appliance), to test them again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back