Replacement Close Coupling Kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been doing some decorating in the downstairs loo and removed the cistern to get better access to the back wall - very cramped area. Whilst the cistern is off I noticed that the tank had been leaking slightly so I bought the replacement coupling kit from Screwfix.

Just a quick question: does the doughnut go on before the nut or after? as the previous seal was between the nut and the plate and was a foam type seal The other question is will the replacement make the tank sit higher?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The doughnut washer goes on after the syphon nut - its likely to have a hollowed recess in the foam to allow this. I also use a smear of silicone sealant on the doughnut and the toilet pan - particularly useful if the cistern can't sit at 90 deg on the pan due to the wall being out of square. Tighten the pan nuts down evenly and the doughnut will squash down, although perhaps not as much as your previous fixing. Cheers John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back