Replacement cold water tank

Did you mean 100 gallon? That's about 4 baths. I have a 50 gall which is pretty big. Do you have several bathrooms?

Vented hot water cylinders are often in the region of 100 litres, which is about one bath.

Hi John,

No we've only got the one bathroom, but the power shower empties the 25 gallon tank in 7 minutes max. That's fine for me, but not for the other half (plus, the pump objects). So I figure add an extra 50 or be neat and swap for a 100.

Sponsored Links
Unless you have a huge cylinder, the hot water will run out sooner.

Unless you have a huge cylinder, the hot water will run out sooner.

Hi John,

Yup, obviously you're right. But I have roughly estimated the HWT at 95l; as the shower's cold feed is coming from the header tank, I'm surely going to need 200l as an absolute minimum?

Sponsored Links
Hi John,

Yup, obviously you're right. But I have roughly estimated the HWT at 95l; as the shower's cold feed is coming from the header tank, I'm surely going to need 200l as an absolute minimum?

Well.... if you're replacing the HWT then you might as well go unvented, get rid of the CWT in the loft altogether and replace your power shower / pump with a standard thermostatic mixer ?. A bit more expensive but a better solution IMO. Just an idea.

Well.... if you're replacing the HWT then you might as well go unvented, get rid of the CWT in the loft altogether and replace your power shower / pump with a standard thermostatic mixer ?. A bit more expensive but a better solution IMO. Just an idea.

Hi wwwebber, just the cold tank being done; which is cheap and cheerful.

Hi wwwebber, just the cold tank being done; which is cheap and cheerful.

ok, cool. As another poster has said your HWT needs to be up to scratch too. No point having a larger CWT if your hot water then runs out :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back