Replacement downlights in shower room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a total of 6 LV down lights in my shower room and for the second time one of the transformers has gone and they are hidden under a boarded loft floor (a pain to get to)
as they have been there for a few years now I'm thinking its time to replace them all
So should I replace them with another LV set or do away with the transformers and go for a 240V set ?
Also the loft insulation is well away from the fittings but they have no covers over them is this ok ?

Sponsored Links
So should I replace them with another LV set or do away with the transformers and go for a 240V set ?
240V is low voltage.

If you mean 12V then yes, replace with 240V.

Also the loft insulation is well away from the fittings but they have no covers over them is this ok ?
As far as the lights are concerned - yes.
As for insulating the ceiling - no.

Hi, replace them with good quality gu10 led's, you'll never look back !

DS

Sponsored Links
240V is low voltage.

If you mean 12V then yes, replace with 240V.

As far as the lights are concerned - yes.
As for insulating the ceiling - no.
To be fair, if we are going to be accurate about terminology then the public electricity supply is at 400/230V.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back