replacement extractor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
looking to do a straight swap although the old fan didn't have an over-run and this one does.

Simple system - fan is separate from the lights so just switches on and off with it's own switch. The instructions are a little confusing.

I'm connecting live to live, nuetral to nuetral and then running a wire across from live to live switch (LS). Is this right? It seems to be what the instructions say.

the problem is that the time overrun doesn't work, It just switches straight off when you switch off.

Two solutions spring to mind 1. I'm not understanding the instructions or 2. the unit is duff.

Any help please!

Sponsored Links
sorry mate, its number

3) as you turn off the switch there is no circuit to the permanent live in the fan, so it wont run.

Either a fan with no run on needs to be installed, or a permanent live is needed from somewhere

You need to run the switch live to the fan switch live and the neutral to the fan neutral.
You then need to run a permanent live to the permanent live at the fan.
The switch live turns the fan on.
When you turn the fan off the permanent live continues to run for the set time.
At the moment you have connected only the switch live to the fans switch live and permanent live - which is correct if you just want the fan to turn on and off with the switch.
You need to tell us how your current set up works.
ie. pull switch turns light and fan on at the same time?

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys.
You know what, now i think about it it's obvious - I've switched the current off so there's no current getting there. doh!
Need to engage brain next time!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back