Replacement for Baxi WM 40/4 PF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like my boiler has had it. Looking to get it replaced with something that can be sited in the same place. (On external wall under kitchen counter with rear flue)

Does anyone know of a Heat Only boiler that fits the bill?

Sponsored Links
I looked at Worcester and a load of others but for most of them the manuals don't make it clear what the top clearance is when using the rear flue.

One that did specify it was The Baxi Eco Blue Advance Heat and it should fit with room to spare

Don't know how you could get an Intergas to fit under a work surface.

I thought that only a very small number could possibly fit, a Vokera and a GlowWorm particularly a few years ago.

But it is not a very ideal boiler location in many ways, particularly for servicing.

It is a real pain visiting boilers which have been fitted without the required service clearances. Usually need 200 mm underneath.

Tony

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yeah, it is a rather awkward location. Some people nearby have put them on the other wall (at the end of the sink) but it looks pretty horrible
(visible from kitchen window)

A boiler with a rear flue will fit under a worktop with no servicing issues. Some are designed to fit in a wall cupboard, so under a worktop will present no problem, and all the supplies are already in situ.

Always used to use flexicoms.

@vulcancontinental I think your mob does a direct rear flue model or did I dream it?

Right Razor, thank you, two in fact, the Vision S system boiler but the clearances above and below would disqualify it unless the worktop was removeable. The Mynute VHE (opev vent) might fit, it's shorter but again watch the clearances. Does need a pump overrun. Service from the front, 15 kw.

Like I said above! Seems it is still only GlowWorm and Vokera which have rear flues.

I think that boilers are quite pleasant to look at.

The makers engage good designers to make them look attractive.

But at the end of the day beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Tony

The Mynute 15 VHE requires 150mm above and below the 600 unit. Space under worktop is 870mm so that won't fit.
Anyone know about the new Glow Worm Energy? Or if Flexicom's are still available anywhere??

Update: I heard back from Glow-worm and the Energy only requires 25mm above the case when installed with the rear flue
(y)

To the OP, we've just replaced our Baxi Solo 26-Year Old Boiler with a Baxi EcoBlue Advance Heat 25KW Boiler, Didn't want a Combi, as we have a £1K Aqualisa Pumped-Shower which is the only one I ever use in the house......

And as you can see from the photo, it needed to go in the space vacated by the Original Baxi.....

It was recommended by our Boiler Guy, who did a really cracking Job.....Rear Flue needed a Flue Kit as it wasn't to the current Regs....Of Course the Feed & Return plus Gas Pipes needed to be cut to suit....But all went swimmingly....

In fact If you would push me, I swear that the Rads & HW are hotter than with the Old Baxi, The only thing I have left to do, is to fit a Nest 3rd Generation thermostat....Which I'll try & fit once I am confident enough that the Boiler is working well 4 a few weeks, so that I won't be introducing any other faults when fitting it.....

Attachments

• 20A3D5E5-BDCB-4A70-B1C9-1CEB15FC06F1.JPG
    20A3D5E5-BDCB-4A70-B1C9-1CEB15FC06F1.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 44811C6A-87F1-4842-9F0B-7FE3AAB65194.JPG
    44811C6A-87F1-4842-9F0B-7FE3AAB65194.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 6C53F69E-4A6D-4747-8E37-3CA8F470A161.jpg
    6C53F69E-4A6D-4747-8E37-3CA8F470A161.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 105

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back