replacement for honeywell rotary mixer valve and actuator in system with AQ6000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a gas fired central heating system with, what was pretty state of the art, Honeywell AQ6000 controler when installed in 1992.
The system has worked well for many years but the rotary mixer valve V5069D seems to have become too stiff to move by the actuator M676C and the plastic arm that drives it has broken.
The valve seems to be discontinued.
Is there an alternative that I can replace it with.
Or is it possible to service the valve? dismantle, clean repack replace any seals etc.
The boiler Ideal Mexico Super 2 CF120 is still working well (although I know not as efficiently as a modern condensing one) and seems simple, reliable and long lasting so I don't want to change that.
Are there more modern controllers with weather compensation that I could replace the system with?

Sponsored Links
Evohome looks an impressive system but only works with modern condensing boilers it seems.
I was looking for a simple fix to extend the life of my present system: not a full replacement system at present.

Sponsored Links
It doesn't only work with condensing boilers. But if you are trying to keep the old system running then buy a new Valve body and actuator. Honeywell or esco do them.

It won't be like for like so some pipe changes will be required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back