replacement for potterton ep2002 programmer

If the heating comes on and goes off as per timings set on programmer, then it is probably OK.

If the stat is having no effect, I would be looking at that first.

Sponsored Links
What happens if you turn the HW off with the slider on the EP2002, during it's timed 'on' period? Does the heating go off?

What motorised valve(s) have you got?

If it's a mid-position 3 port valve, can you feel any resistance when you slide the valve's lever across, with the power turned off to the ch system at the fused spur?

Yes, if I turn off the slider the CH goes off no problem. The valve is a Myson Power Extra MPE228 and yes it does resist when I push without the power but I rewired the stat because I thought I'd got it wrong and now I've blown the valve drive.

Sponsored Links
Will the Honeywell acctuator fit on the Myson valve head or do I have to replace the entire valve?

No, if you're staying with the Myson, you will need the 421103 actuator head. They're approx £50.

For a few quid more, I'd be putting a new complete Honeywell on, but that's just me. I realise this is a lot more work, so if you're DIYing, a new head may be easier.

I have an EP3002.

What were the symptons of your faulty CH. Everytime the heating times on it fires constantly regardless of the wall room stat.

Does that sound familiar?

Thanks

Daren

Hi Daren

I have the same problem, did you sort it out?

Thanks,
Krystian

Guys

I have a fully working ep2002 but want to replace it with ep6002 purely to get independent timing for the water and heating.

What would be the replacement procedure is it simple ? would I have to do some minimal rewiring ? as I want to carry it out myself

Would the ep6002 work with a gravity system (assuming this is what I have with a 50 gallon cold water coffin tank in the loft) ?

If not can you recommend one that will ?

Thanks All

Guys

I have a fully working ep2002 but want to replace it with ep6002 purely to get independent timing for the water and heating.

What would be the replacement procedure is it simple ? would I have to do some minimal rewiring ? as I want to carry it out myself

Would the ep6002 work with a gravity system (assuming this is what I have with a 50 gallon cold water coffin tank in the loft) ?

If not can you recommend one that will ?

Thanks All

No if you have a gravity HW system it wont matter what programmer you use you will never be able to get CH on its own you will only ever get HW on its own or CH&HW together unless you reconfigure your pipework and add zone management of some sort Y or S plan

What would I have to do as the cheapest option to allow my gravity fed system to be programmed separately for water and heating ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back