Replacement Ideas for Undersink Water Heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We've got an Ariston 15L 2kW under-sink water heater. A couple of years ago it started tripping the RCD, and was found to be leaking around the element gasket. Nice dripping wet electrics! I got help from a plumber and we replaced the element, gasket and anode.

I't now started leaking again but *not* from this same area - the gasket and all the wiring and so forth are dry. It's oozing not gushing, so I can't imagine where from really. If the tank had rusted through I'd expect more outflow.

I'm wondering whether to cut my losses and buy a new one. Could I have opinions on please:
  • Does this sound repairable? Known issue?
  • Are Ariston an OK make? I think this one lasted 7 years, including the above repair at age 5 years. Is this typical or should I have expected better?
  • What other makes to consider? (We have a Zip at work and it seems good)
  • For efficiency should I consider an instant water heater rather than another immersion type?
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Last one I fitted was just before Xmas and it was just short of 90 quid. So if you get 5 years out of it is not too bad to replace. The hairdressers shop where I fitted the above mentioned have two of them feeding three sinks ,six days a week and have a tendancy to leave them on 24 /7. They last 3 to 4 years before giving up the ghost for one reason or another. Don't bother repairing them ,would cost them more in my time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back