Replacement of Heat Exchanger Glowworm Economy Plus 60F

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just ordered a replacement heat exchanger for my Glowworm EP60F.

I know its an option to take the old one out and clean it however given the age I think replacement might be better.

Can I tackle this my self? I'm competant with pipework and electrics (qualified enginner and apprentice trained) as I don't have to touch the gas supply other than isolate it.

Do I need any other parts (seals etc) in addtion to the heat exhanger.

Its a time thing more than anything else I work away a lot and have limited time at home to book a heating engineer.

Regards

Rob

Sponsored Links
Really???

I am assuming that the GC No. of your appliance is: 41 319 63?

The manual can be found online with instructions of how to change the heat exchanger. If you read the manual, it states "It is the Law that any servicing must be carried out by a competent person."

If you are asking if you can tackle this yourself, you also need to ask are you competent?

James.

James

Thank you for the reply, I have read the manual and I'm more than happy thats it is within my capability.

However I was hoping for any addtional pointers or things to be aware of in addtion to manual instructions.

Regards

Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back