Replacement Of Plasterboard Section In Bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing a section of plasterboard in my bathroom. I got some plasterboard that was recommended to me as suitable for bathrooms / water proof. I have roughly cut it to shape but not yet screwed it into position ;

My questions are ;

- Does it matter that there is a small gap on the right hand side of the new plasterboard and the door frame? Eventually this will be covered by tiles so I am guessing no, but please correct me if I am wrong.

- The gap at the top between the old plasterboard and new ; I was planning on decreasing the gap by pushing the new plasterboard up a little bit more and then sealing the two together with something. Will this be ok? If so, what would be suitable for this?

- The plasterboard did crack a bit at the bottom when I was trying to cut it, is this a big problem ?

- How many screws should I use to hold the board in place, and what size should they be ?

Thankyou.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back