Replacement PIR Accenta 6

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Just after a bit of advice. I have an Accenta 6 system but the main PIR as you walk in the door is becoming a bit un-sensitive i.e. I have to walk right in front of it & wave my arms around for it to go off!

Had a local alarm company in who said that they do ware out after years & he changed the sensitivity on it but its made no difference. He recommended a Bosch Blue Line Gen2 PIR to replace it. Are these PIR's any good and compatible with my system, or should I be looking at something else?

Also I'd like to replace the part myself, - is it just a case of disconnecting the old one & connecting the new, or will this interfere with the alarm/start it going off etc?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Any quality pir will do the job what is the pir at moment ? Some of the ones with white light filter lens go brittle and don't pick up.

Not sure what pir it is at the moment, but their all the original ones that were put in when the house was built in 97 kind of white front with orange light that comes on as you walk past.

Recommend optex rx40 or the optex saver at moment not too expensive and very reliable.

Sponsored Links
Adjust the angle of cover given by your existing detector by a couple of degrees both up or down and left or right, bet that will solve your problem.

Try that before putting your hand in your pocket.

I can think of 10yr+ PiRs that are still going strong, with PiRs it is usually the fitting.

Remember that PiRs should be fitted so that you have to walk across the beams, not towards the detector to activate it, and I can't see any reason for waving your arms about, that is not an action that PiRs are designed to detect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back