replacement rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What price should I reasonably pay for a replacement radiator and valves?

Sponsored Links
This will depend on size of rad, whether system needs draining or it is a straight swap.

Without knowing this it is impossible to guess ;)

Thats is the most stupid question ever

how long is a piece of string

Hi David
Yes. It is a straight swap but the old one is imperial size so miner alterations are needed.
I have drained down as it was leaking badly

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
Thats is the most stupid question ever

how long is a piece of string

I dont know unless your tring to make a baby then it will be two balls and a bit

corgiman said:
Dam good reply

I have been quoted £230.00 and was wondering if this is what is the going rate or should I keep looking for a better price

shocking said:
Hi David
Yes. It is a straight swap but the old one is imperial size so miner alterations are needed.
I have drained down as it was leaking badly

Hopefully about 1 hours work plus rad. Go for slightly smaller size metric rad and use rad extensions, so about £60 + VAT plus rad

If it is in fact a straight swap you will not need to drain down heating system as you just turn off a rad valves. Take old tails out, put in new rad, fit new rad brackets to wall, hang new rad, connect valves, fill up, test, job done ;)

I charged £165 for supply and installation of a 1400mm x 600mm singe panel rad with a drayton TRV. Took 4 hours to drain system fit rad, and fill back up and bleed, test etc.

I'm in the midlands, so probably not quite what you'd pay in London. Also depends what quality radiator your plumber is supplying.

I have been quoted £230.00

If this price has caused you to fall off your perch, then before climbing back onto the aforementioned, dust yourself down, visit the local merchant, purchase a suitable rad and post back for how to install it.

benjamin31 said:
I charged £165 for supply and installation of a 1400mm x 600mm singe panel rad with a drayton TRV. Took 4 hours to drain system fit rad, and fill back up and bleed, test etc.

I'm in the midlands, so probably not quite what you'd pay in London. Also depends what quality radiator your plumber is supplying.

£165 wouldn't even cover labour for 4 hours let alone entire job :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back