Replacement Radiator Size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have a small 480mm radiator which needs to be replaced. Can I replace it with a 500mm radiator? Will it fit?

See photo for measurements.

Thank you,
IMG-1750.JPG

Sponsored Links
It should fit but might be a bit of a squeeze & push your pipes out of line a touch. Looking at your pic there you will probably have to upgrade the radiator valves/ tails to the more modern type or make sure you keep the existing tails from that radiator so your old valves fit the new radiator, if that makes sense.

Sponsored Links
Thank you guys,

The 500mm radiator I want to install says: Pipe Centers (mm) 500mm in the Specs.
Isn't the pipe centers a distance between the pipe centers? I have 560mm between pipes, so it should be plenty of space? Or am I misunderstanding this?

Thank you guys,

The 500mm radiator I want to install says: Pipe Centers (mm) 500mm in the Specs.
Isn't the pipe centers a distance between the pipe centers? I have 560mm between pipes, so it should be plenty of space? Or am I misunderstanding this?
Either you're misunderstanding it, the rad specs are wrong, or you've failed to mention you're looking at a designer radiator which isn't a standard size

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back