Replacement security alarm - easy to reset by the user.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an enquiry for a replacement alarm system in a plush home, "that is not cheap, but is easy to set by the user in the event of a power loss". (One of these is an old lady).

The existing system is a wireless Risco make, model G1010 SA, there are 6 wireless detectors, and the system has a dial out facility. I have an image, but can't upload this.

I suspect that this is a case of not changing the backup batteries; or as more probable, they have been left to run down upon a power outage, when the property was unattended, since the system "was installed 5 years ago", (dubious since I can't find the model on the Risco web site).

I expect also, to have to change all of the PIR sensors since the frequency would probably not be compatible.

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Just replace the batteries, if you don't know of a suitable alarm replacement what chance do you have of actually installing it correctly?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back