Replacement Soffit / Eaves Ventilation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are looking to replace our fascia / soffits / guttering and have had a local firm in that seem OK - not too much sales patter etc!

Our current soffits have vents running the whole length. The guy that came round said they wouldn't put vents back up, and instead he showed me this piece of black plastic that he said they put in behind the new fascia which does the same job. I took a look at it and it was marked with the brand of Ubbink. Searching further it seems to be the Ubbink Over Fascia Vent System.

Edit : link to show what it is :

http://www.plasticbuildingsupplies.co.uk/Product/Ubbink-Over-Fascia-Vent-System-10mm.aspx

Has anyone come across ths system? Any good - does it do the same job just as well? I can see it will look neater with this, but don't want future issues.

If it makes any difference we have had our loft converted, with the rear side being a full dormer, the front having a small crawl space at the eaves behind a dwarf wall, so I guess ventilation is even more critical than normal when an open loft would afford a little more air flow.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Chris

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back