Replacement suspended floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a complete flooring novice and We've just moved into a new house thats suffered from being "bodged" quite badly (think i'll be posting here alot)..

In the front room a suspended floor has been created flooring dug out and then concrete poured over a plastic membrane then wooden joist's suspended on bricks and tongue and groove floor boards nailed on top.....the reason being to hide numerous pipes and cables

...unfortunatley one of the pipes burst many months ago! and there is currently a pool of water under the boards that at least now is drying out leaving a carpet of white furry mold....nice

whats the best and most cost effective way of dealing with this? (we are going to carpet this room at the end) so I was thinking of taking of the boards...(which have been nailed so much wont come up without damage) fixing the pipe work , drying and cleaning the void then insulating between the joists with glasswool suspended on nets and then screwing/gluing down T&G chipbboard over exsiting joists....is this a good plan? do i need to do anything about damp? will I regret using Chipboard for this? really appreciate any guidance....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back