replacement switch help?

sparkydude said:
before you fit it just make sure that it is on a lighting circuit by turning of for removing the fuse from your fuse box for the lighting and making sure it is dead
Nick

thanks nick, i wouldnt dream of touching anything till the fuse is off at the fuse box :eek: unfortunatly i learnt my lesson many years ago as a kid with the christmas tree lights

cheers for all the other advice if i didnt have the switch already and had the old recipt i might think bout swapping but i was wondering if they would get funny about the open packet etc

let u know how i get along

Sponsored Links
all working now! :D thanks so much for your help!

r u ready for my next question now?

i have 2 wall lights in the living room and one of them keeps blowing? 3 bulbs in two months (the standard bulb lasted about 1 and a half months and the energy saving bout 1 week each??????? any ideas?

also a modern stainless steel kitchen light fitting with 4 halogen bulbs which again blows bulbs within a day (im assuming this one is just a cheap light fitting)

any further help would be greatfull

:D

Normally when lamps blow it is either a surge in the supply, and you would notice some flickering in your lamps or el cheapo bulbs. Try buying some decent lamps made by phillips or osram and see how you go with them. There is nothing in your wiring which would cause lamps to blow, its normally just the lamps or the suply as i said above.

Nick

Or loose connections, which occasionally help lamps on their way, or 230V rated lamps.

Sponsored Links
cool thanks again :D

just ordered an osram energy effeicent off the inertnet to c if that works and decided to change the light fitting in the kitchen as neither of us like it anyway!

probley wont be back on here for a while so sorry to jump your forum just for your expert advice and then leave just as quick :confused:

if you guys need any help in my areas of knowlege just drop me an email

1. kites
2. opticians
3. film production

cya

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back