Replacement Window sections

29 Dec 2003
Reaction score
United Kingdom
The handles on my double glazed windows have broken - they turn but this does not unlock the windows. I have have removed the screws and the handles themselves are fine but the sockets into which they plug on the window itself is broken.

Is it possible just to replace the window unit without having to buy and install an entire unit and frame.

If so does anyone know where I can get one.

Google has let me down.

Sponsored Links
You need to find out which plastic extrusion factory made the raw materials to make your windows. There aren't that many, and all window makers source from these. For example, the windows I fit are made to measure in Enfield but the extrusion co is Diplomat who are in Newcastle I think. Open your window and you may find the name you need on the locking mechanism, then run that through Google.You should find you can get any individual component and the main factory will tell you where to go. Good luck!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links