Replacing a ceiling rose with a light with live and neutral connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am almost certain someone will have asked this question before but I can't find the answer, so apologies for any duplicates.

I have a ceiling rose that looks like the image attached at the bottom of the thread. I have a light that fits flush with the ceiling and has a live and neutral feed.

I am planning to replace the rose with a set up similar to this except I am going to put the the terminal strip in a chocbox before placing it in the ceiling.

wire1.gif

My question is, can the 4 terminals remain connected and then put into one chocbox or should i split them as shown in the diagram above and then use 3 chocboxes (and if so why)?

Thank you
IMG_20171203_112414.jpg

Sponsored Links
The 4 strips are insulated from each other, so you can have it as one strip of 4, or 4 separate singles, or any combination.

The 4 strips are insulated from each other, so you can have it as one strip of 4, or 4 separate singles, or any combination.
Thank you. Looking at the terminal strip I thought that was the case but good to have the reassurance!

Be aware your drawing is correct, but the existing flex connections at the rose are incorrect and should be swapped round, also the flex should be wrapped around the "cord grip"

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back