Replacing a ceramic cartridge.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone advise if the ceramic cartridge in the image of a tap attached just pulls out of the housing, or is the housing removed in some way? Both appear to be immovable at the moment.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Ceramic cartridge.jpg
    Ceramic cartridge.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 47
Sponsored Links
The shroud unscrews. You can try by hand using rubber gloves to give extra friction.
It can help sometimes to pour boiling water over the shroud first to expand the metal.
If all else fails, I wrap a good few turns of insulating tape around it to protect the chrome then use pump pliers.

Can you take a picture end ways on ... you would think the shape of the shroud would rule out it being screwed on.

You will have checked there is no small grub screw underneath or at the back ?

Can you take a picture end ways on ... you would think the shape of the shroud would rule out it being screwed on.

You will have checked there is no small grub screw underneath or at the back ?
Thanks. I have had to put the tap back for the moment but there is no grub screw underneath the shroud or at the back.

Sponsored Links
No doubt it is screwed on then, there must be a shroud sized hole in the tap body to enable it to turn inside.
Ray

I think its an optical illusion the shroud looks like it is round but looks cut curved as it fits in the body.
Try using a rubber strap wrench

No doubt it is screwed on then, there must be a shroud sized hole in the tap body to enable it to turn inside.
Ray
Yes I think you are right, perhaps this is the point that is causing the trouble.
Maybe put some lime scale remover at the join

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back