replacing a double switch for a single

[
kitchenswitch.png
img][
dinningroomswitch.png
img]
Thanks Breezer,... bit of a techno virgin,(does it show?)
Well hopefully if ive done this right the two pics will be here to shed light on this subject.
I apologise in advance for the quality of picture, i seem to have found something else im not much good at![/img]

Sponsored Links
Can the dining switch for the kitchen light turn the kitchen light on when the kitchen switch is in BOTH positions?

Thats a tounge tease :LOL:

No, the dinning room switch for the kitchen light controls it only when the kitchen switch is in the on position.

The kitchen red has jumped out of a terminal :eek: (both switches should be able to turn on and off the light, the same as used on stairs etc.)

OK, to proceed, I will draw you a diagram......

1106328895_untitled.gif

Hope that is ok.

Sorry, labelled lounge, not dining!

Keep all earths connected as they are.
Use red sleeving on any blacks ;)

Sponsored Links
Posting a reply to make the topic look like it has new post.....which it has, only I edited my original!

Cheers very much,
Im off to have a crack at it now. :)

Good luck.....It's getting dark........and I am at the end of the country that sees the last of the sun.......probably pitch black where you are :D

Hope you have batteries and a torch :LOL:

Let us know...

Dark doesnt scare me, electrickery gives me the willies though.
Tried the, wiring to the letter.Now the dinning room light is constantly on?!
Any ideas? :confused:

Have you got the kitchen pair confused with the dining pair.......I think so :oops:

Youve got me doubting myself now, give us a mo and ill try again. :eek:

Wot a plonker :oops:
I assumed the cable nearer the kitchen actually came from the kitchen!
they obviously cross somewhere along the line.
Still alls well that ends well, i am thankful for your help Lectrician, and ill drink your health with the last of the jim beam! :D

hbark said:
ill drink your health with the last of the jim beam! :D

Mean beggar!! Could have at least offered him a virtual sip......

Lectrician said:
The kitchen red has jumped out of a terminal :eek: (both switches should be able to turn on and off the light, the same as used on stairs etc.)

OK, to proceed, I will draw you a diagram......

1106328895_untitled.gif

Is it 'cos it's 4AM, or is there something odd about this:

oddswitch.jpg

that I just don;t get?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back