Replacing a few existing floorboards from a 1930s house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My husband is decorating my son bedroom, but when we moved in we said that we would strip all the carpets and have bare floorboards. My son room is not too bad but there are some damaged floorboards which we would like to replace. First question would be where to get the floorboards especially reconditioned ones from other 1930 houses and how to go about replacing them. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Try Googling Reclamation yard or Architectural Salvage in your area

Hi,
My husband is decorating my son bedroom, but when we moved in we said that we would strip all the carpets and have bare floorboards. My son room is not too bad but there are some damaged floorboards which we would like to replace. First question would be where to get the floorboards especially reconditioned ones from other 1930 houses and how to go about replacing them. Thanks in advance.
If damage is just to surface you can pull up and flip them giving a clean new surface to sand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back