Replacing a sink extractor with a standard drain plug.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a 20 year old food extractor in my sink and it needs replacing but I don't use it, the sink just fills with water and I have to turn it on to empty it.

It is a case unscrewing the fittings and replacing with a sink one, along with removing the wiring?

I know it sounds a stupid question but just not totally sure.

Many Thanks
Mark

Sponsored Links
Yup, +1, just need to check the size of waste outlet and flange to make sure a 90mm basket waste will fit, they usually do.

I understand they are heavy so be prepared. However having never touched one I could be wrong.

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much guys.

I've been today and picked up a new waste so will have a go at taking it out. I'll do some weights before I take it out

We used to have one years ago. More trouble than it was worth. It had some pretty vicious teeth inside - I was always fishing stuff out. Always reminds me of this:

We used to have one years ago. More trouble than it was worth.

I think it's one of the best things we've ever bought. Had it now for over ten years and I wouldn't do without it.

I think it's one of the best things we've ever bought. Had it now for over ten years and I wouldn't do without it.
Maybe they’ve improved it the last 30 years. Potato peelings were what used to block ours regularly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back