Replacing Alarm keypad (Accenta )

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all

the keypad on my father in laws alarm is playing up, in that some of the buttons on the keypad dont work

if he was to buy another keypad, could we just do a straight swap or would we need to totally reset the alarm (programs etc)

the panel he has at the moment looks like this

also what keypads can he use? does it have to be same make etc?

thanks

Sponsored Links
You can replace the keypad but it must be like for like.

You just need to make sure you get one that is compatible, as far as I can tell they are backwards compatible so another LED Accenta keypad should work fine.

The price is around £20 from what i can see.

ahh great stuff thanks

just a bit worried as i think this alarm/ keypad is about 10 years old!?

will i still be able to get the same one?

Have a search online for Accenta keypads

the design appears Slighty different but everything is saying they are backwards compatible from what I have read.

Just ask the seller before you commit preferably in black and white so that any problems you can go back to them.

Sponsored Links
i have just found this reply from another thread..

why don't you strip it down and clean the contacts on the pcb under the keys with an eraser (rubber)? Then wipe the black 'pills' under the keys on a piece of card for about 10cm to clean off the carbon crud.

I've used this technique on loads of keypads and given them a new lease of life. It also works on remote controls (but they're often harder to take apart...)

so will try that, i have found out the alarm is a Accenta 6, which im thinking is too old for the new pads to support

A good clean is worth atry as you cant use the keypad now so worst case youll be no worse off.

Could save you a few quid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back