Replacing alarm system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have an old guard tech alarm which is not active control panel damaged, no code internal wiring of unit pulled out etc and only 2 pirs. Based on this I decided for a new system and have opted for the ade gen4 from Honeywell. I have 100ntrs of 6 core cable and have 5 pirs a bell box and a keypad to connect to the System. I plan on using the current pir and keyboard cable to pull the new cable through so I have new cable for the new components. But I'm worried about the bell box, as it is 8mtrs away from panel in a diagonal line, part of me thinks it had been cable clipped somewhere so I can't pull it through or if it goes round corners etc it will get snagged, question is would it be bad to use the existing cable providing it is 6 core cable (although think from the manual the bell box needs 5 core. The bell box is about stomach high when in the upstairs bathroom so expect cable runs through wall to floorboards

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back