Replacing back boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm about to buy a house for renovating and it has an old style back boiler system installed.

I was wondering whether it'd be better to rip that out and replace with a more modern combi boiler system.

The house is a standard 2 bed terrace. This might be a stupid question without room sizes etc but roughly what would this kind of work cost/involve.

Thanks,
Graham

Sponsored Links
Convert to combi are generally £2000 - £3000

I would hang on to the back boiler if it's safe and working correctly

I totaly agree a bbu is a lot less problematic than a modern boiler and will have a far longer lifespan ! Can be up to 30 yrs+ modern boiler 5-10 max

Interesting, I'm assuming people would be put off by the back boiler and would prefer a combi boiler.

Sponsored Links
Keep it. It will last for years and years and will never break down.
My mum back boiler is 40 years old and has need a £5 thermocouple in all that time.

From a selling on point yes a more efficient combi would be more appealing to buyers ! £2000 ish and a baxi combi with a 7 - 10 yr warranty would be a good option, if you are goin to rent the property stick with the bbu

Graham, how much in £££ were you put off by the back boiler being there? :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back